Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mont Sainte Anne Qualifying

Hi All,

Just updating you all about how things went in my qualifying run... I didn't make it to the start gate.

For the first time ever, I had managed to make the top 80 in the world list. I'm now ranked 53 in the world. This means that I am allowed to do an extra training session before the qualifying starts... So I was on course and riding well when I made one big mistake and came down hard on a rock... I ended up going to hospital because I had trouble breathing and walking. The end result is alot of deep tissue damage, pinched nerves and heaps of bruises.

I'm feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself but I've been put on painkillers and hopefully will be right to race at Bromont. This now makes my chances of wearing the UCI jersey alot harder.

Here is another video. I'm featured about 2 mins into the vid.

Cheers
Rhys

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the crash man. Joel let me know before you posted up. Heal up quick!


    -Josh (non factory Tomac rider)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad luck mate, we were talking with Mum & Dad yesterday at the Beaudesert race and they filled us in on the injury. We are sending our healing vibes to you so get better quick and be ready for next weekend at Bromont. Ben & Harvey

    ReplyDelete