Monday, June 22, 2009

Maribor World Cup

Hi All,

Just thought I would post this video (thanks Mum for e mailing it to me) up from my run today at Maribor World Cup.

I qualified today in 12th position. I couldn't believe I had done so well because I made a couple of mistakes in my race run. My time was 3.20.65

To top things off, I've just finished the finals and finished up in 13 position with a time of 3.10.04. In the video you will see me keep going at the end of the race. I thought I hadn't done well because I made had a small crash in the last section of the track. My foot came off the pedal and my bike and me spun around. So i thought I would of finished in 60th position. Man was I shocked and stoked when I looked up at the score board and noticed I had finished 4th on the ladder. The last 12 riders came down the hill and these are the guys that are super quick. To finish amongst the best Down Hill mountain bikers in the world is a dream come true.

I wasn't expecting anything great this weekend as I have been suffering from the flu for the last few days. To finished 13th is unreal and I'm really happy. This now places me 2nd overall in juniors and if I do well in Canada, I could take 1st position.

Tam and I are now off to Canada on Thursday. We will be staying at Whistler for 4 weeks before doing the last 2 world cups in Montreal, before coming home to race for Australia. I'm really looking forward to relaxing with the Aussie guys in Whistler before taking on the best in the world again.

This has been the best day ever.

Cheers
Rhys

3 comments:

  1. Mate, I have said it before - you are a true Aussie Champion!! Congratulations and bloody well done - enjoy the moment, go to Whistler and catch up with Lindsay, Liam & Darcy and have a great time. Ben & I look forward to your last 2 races and then catching up when you get home.

    cheers, Harvey & Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME result mate. Congratulations and good luck for the last 2 races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats all the way from Singapore! Tomac riders worldwide let out a little cheer. :)

    ReplyDelete