Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 Australian Champs - Adelaide

Hi All,

Tomorrow I will be flying into Adelaide to take on the best in Australia this weekend. Sam Hill, Mick Hannah, Bryn Atkinson, Shaun O'Connor and Chris Kovarik are just some of the riders I will be competing against. I'm hoping for a top 5, but we'll see how I go. This is my first real race back from a broken arm, and I've been doing alot of training to get ready for this race.

It's been a long hard road back but I'm finally fit and ready for this race. I won't be traveling overseas this year to race the world cups. I was going to ride for Ancillotti again but unfortunately they couldn't get the funding for the team. I didn't really try to find another team as I had decided to take this time to train, and race the aussie series and then head over to Canada for Crankworks with some mates. All my efforts will be getting ready for Canada where I plan to be at my fittest. I plan on getting noticed again like I did when I got that 13th Place at Maribor world cup as a junior 2 years ago.

So I will be back, better than ever... I now have a point to prove to not only myself, but for teams to finally notice me as a rider with potential.

Will keep you updated from Adelaide.

Cheers
Rhys

No comments:

Post a Comment