Friday, July 9, 2010

Bad News! I'm coming home.

Hi All,

Just had the worst news confirmed.

The crash on Sunday caused my arm that had been broken to fracture again. When I went for a x ray 2 days ago, the x ray didn't show a hairline fracture. So I went riding yesterday and felt something go pop. I went back to the hospital tonight and had another x ray. This time is showed the break. The break is from the last screw of the plate they put in 10 weeks ago, and it goes up my arm to my elbow.

Looks like I'll be coming home. If I'm out for 6 weeks, then it's not worth staying here because I will miss 2 world cups.

This just tops off a season I would rather forget. I am devastated to say the least.

This has made me more determined to come back next year with a whole new focus on achieving my goals. I will train hard through this off season and make up for a terrible 2010.

I would personally like to thank Tomaso from Ancillotti racing. I feel like I have let you down. You have been great to me all through these hard times and for that I thank you.

Cheers
Rhys

1 comment:

  1. Mate, we feel so bad for you because we know how tough and determined you are. Things like this happen for a reason and maybe, just maybe this year was not meant to be but look out next season! We will speak when you get back and as soon as you are fit, Ben will be keen to hit up Illinbah and Tambo before heading to Nationals. Ben is confirmed for at least 4 WC races next year so will organise with you when things have settled down a bit. Keep your chin up mate, you are a fighter. Ben & Harvey

    ReplyDelete