Friday, June 4, 2010

Another Injury Update!


Hi All,

Well I'm here in Fort William, Scotland with my team.

Unfortunately, I will be watching from the sidelines. I went to the doc after Maribor and xray's showed that I needed another 20 days for my arm to heal. The 20 days are up on the day of the finals here in Fort William. I chose not to risk it, and will wait until Leogang to make a come back. This will give me two weeks of training once we get back to Italy.

Just to add some more pressure, I have to get a top 10 in Leogang if I want to make the Australian Team this year. I missed the cut back home in Australia this season, because I was out with a broken femur. Thanks to the broken arm, I now have to give everything I've got in Leogang. It's hard to make the Australian team because we have so many talented riders. I believe that if I can pull off a result like I did in Maribor (13th) last year, then I can be in with a chance. My fitness may let me down but I've always enjoyed a challenge. So bring it on!!!!!!!

Cheers
Rhys

No comments:

Post a Comment